BASKETBALL (Team sport)
Basketball is a fast sport played by two teams (5 against 5). When you attack you can pass, shoot or bounce.
You score points by shooting the ball into the basket of your opponent.
You can’t kick the ball or run without bouncing the ball more than 2 steps.
Passing: Passes should be executed with speed and strength.
Chest pass: With two hands, used for short and middle distances.
Bounce pass: the ball is bounced to the other player to avoid an opponent.
Protection bounce: is used to protect the ball to any opponent.
Speed bounce: Is used to run with ball as fast as possible.
ATHLETICS IS A TRADITIONAL OLYMPIC SPORT
Athletics is also called “Track and Field” and has many different events. Athletics consist of:
a) Runningandspeedwalking events: These include all races from sprints to the marathons.
b) Throwingevents: Javelin, Shot-put, Hammer and Discus are the four throwing events.
c) Jumpingevents: Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump and Pole Vault are the four types of jumping events.
d) MultipleEventcompetitions: These include the heptathlon for women and the decathlon for men.
2.- OUR OLIMPICS:
The tests that we are going to carry out in our Olympics are the following
2.1. DESCRIPTION OF THE TEST OF 100 METERS
The 100-meter test is one of the most attractive in athletics. In it, the athletes try to traverse 100 meters in the minimum possible time. This race, unlike the other speed (200 and 400), is disputed in a single straight, Specifically in the one in which the finish line. Each athlete (8 maximum) is located on a street and it stays in it throughout the entire race without being able to leave it.
2.3. DESCRIPTION OF THE RACE OF HURDLES
The races of hurdles are tests of speed in which the athlete must pass a series of 10 hurdles or fences. The Olympic program includes four fencing events: 110 meters for men, 100 meters for women and 400 meters for men and women.
Each of the four athletes run one section of the track, handing over a baton to the next member of the team within a marked handover zone called “Changeover zone”.
The most common relays are the 4x100m and the 4x400, in both men´s and women´s disciplines.
- American technique. From up to down
- French technique. From down to up.
TRADITIONAL GAMES AND SPORTS IN CASTILLA Y LEON
- BILLAR ROMANO. It is an accuracy sport where two team throw balls. The aim is to leave the balls as near as possible respect the “bili”.
- BOLO LEONÉS: The aim of this sport is to knock down as many bowls as possible with a heavy ball.
- MONTERILLA: It is an accuracy game where the players throw “cachabas” or “cachas” as near as possible respect a “montera”.
- TANGA: It is a game where players throw a disc and try to hit a piece of wood called “tanga” to knock down a coin placed above.
- HERRADURA: It is an accuracy game where players throw “horseshoes” as near as possible respect a bar or stick.
- PELOTA: It is a sport where 2 or 4 players hit a ball the one hand against a wall. The goal is to hit the ball against the wall to try the opponent cannot return it or get the opponent throws it off the field.
- RANA: It is an accuracy game where the players throw some coins and try to put into some different holes. This holes have different values. The objective is to achieve the highest possible score.
- BARRA CASTELLANA: It is an easy game. It consists on throw a bar as far as possible.